Medical Care Coordination can help you or a family member ensure you receive the best care possible.
As we get older, new and intimidating conditions may come into our lives. Conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke and others can be scary, and put us in a state of “how do I handle this?” With my 26 years experience as an Occupational Therapist, I will help you with understanding diagnoses, treatment options and care needs. We will assess, then educate you on your options, and provide services to ensure your loved one has the right care.
• Coordination of medical providers, appointments and diagnostic tests. Attend appointments as needed for advocacy and note taking.
• Coordination of communication among all medical specialists.
• Arrange in-home and outpatient services such as home care, physical therapy, nursing, pharmacy services and mental health counseling.
• Arrange for delivery of medical equipment and provide training to caregivers on how to maintain equipment.
• Assistance with selecting a care community to meet the client’s needs and preferences, as needed.
• Disease-specific education and coaching for clients and families.
• Help with understanding and maximizing insurance coverage.
• Regular, detailed communication with all involved family members to encourage collaboration via phone, email or video conference.
• ….and more!
Occupational Therapist, Aging Life Care Manager, Aging in Place Specialist
Terri Lemere, M.S., OTR/L, CAPS and Aging Life Care Manager has been a practicing Occupational Therapist (OT) for 26 years.